PPG scores high in Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index
PPG received a score of 90 percent on the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation’s 2019 Corporate Equality Index (CEI), a benchmarking survey and report on corporate policies and practices related to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) workplace equality.
The CEI index evaluates LGBTQ-related policies and practices, including non-discrimination workplace protections, domestic partner benefits, transgender-inclusive health care benefits, competency programs, and public engagement with the LGBTQ community.
“PPG is proud to support and celebrate its diverse workforce across the globe,” said Anne Foulkes, PPG senior vice president, general counsel, and chair of PPG’s Diversity and Inclusion Leadership Council. “Every day, our diverse, innovative and skilled employees make a difference in solving and satisfying our customers’ evolving needs, as we continue to protect and beautify the world.”
The CEI evaluated and assigned full credit to PPG for each of these categories:
- Prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation for all operations
- Prohibits discrimination based on gender identity or expression for all operations
- Parity between same and different-sex spousal benefits
- Has employer-supported employee resource group or firm-wide diversity council
- Positively engages the external LGBTQ community
- Offers transgender-inclusive health insurance coverage
- Demonstrates numerous LGBTQ internal best practices across workforce
- Engages in corporate social responsibility